Southern California has suffered six major wildfires since December 4th. The Thomas Fire in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties continue to burn.
As of December 12, the statistics are devastating and staggering:
- over 90,000 people have been displaced by fires.
- over 10,000 fire fighters from California and at least 29 other states are involved in saving lives and property.
- over 1,200 animals are sheltered by animal services in Ventura County and Los Angeles county.
- nearly 1,700 California National Guards are involved.
- over 405 square miles have burned.
- estimated 1,160 structures have been destroyed and additional 25,000 structures are vulnerable.
There statistics do not begin to tell the human tragedies, loss of lives, loss of homes, loss of their family history in homes, pictures and things. J.J. and I are exploring which program(s) would address the needs of innocent children who are victims of this heartbreaking disasters.
Aloha -- Cathi