Tonight we had an unexpectedly exciting dining at home experience. Our family found ourselves suddenly sitting at a darkened room. Fortunately we already had foods on our plates so our dinner proceeded with candle light. Our daughter-in-law also lit the gas fireplace and brought out two Micky Mouse light sabers to supplement and to add gaiety.
Reflection on the ceiling from the light sabers made a beautiful pattern which J.J. referred to as Las Vegas lighting.
The blackout lasted for about 50 minutes. According to the San Diego Gas & Electric website, about 800 customers in the San Diego area were affected. Sorry none of my photos came out since I did not use timed exposures.
Aloha -- Cathi