Most of us eat Kiwi fruits by slicing in 1/2, scoop up the tart flesh and discard fuzzy skin covering, right? Well, it was Jeff who informed me that Australians eat the skin as it has most of the nutrients.
So here are some interesting information about Kiwifruits.
1. Fuzzy green kiwifruits are a type of berry.
2. Kiwifruits are rich in vitamin C & K.
3. Kiwifruits have just 6.7 g of sugar per fruit.
4. Kiwifruits skin is edible with a higher concentration of antioxidants than the flesh in a Kiwifruit.
5. Kiwifruit is native to China. However it was renamed after the flightless New Zealand bird.
I tried the skin of a Kiwifruit. It was an interesting experiment but certainly doable.
I focused on the taste of the fruits rather than on fuzzy skin. It definitely felt different. My awareness was concentrated on the taste. I also “coated” the fuzzy skin by eating banana at the same time.